Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Introspective Wednesday: My friends!

While I love collecting quotes from inspirational figures, books, etc., I sometimes forget that the best inspiration can also come from those close to home - friends, family - who can be equally inspirational, in my opinion!


Some of my favorites:

"Be like a duck... calm and collected on the surface, paddling like hell underneath." My supervisor... I just love this! 


"Keep calm. Be brave." The lovely Laura Maas, who explores this topic here.

"All will be well. I don't know how, but it will." My mother, who to be fair stole this from Shakespeare in Love.

"You suck. Just gotta balance things out." One of my favorite people on the planet, aka my former boss Katie, whose method of professional development was to insult me. She loves me, though. 

"The truth was, in the bottom of my heart, I wanted to do it [play Katniss]. I wanted to play this character. I was scared of the aftermath, but you can't say no to things because you are scared. You just have to go for it." -Okay, so Jennifer Lawrence isn't exactly my friend, but Momma was the one who sent this quote to me! 

"Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid." My mother again; she actually saw this one in her Page-A-Day Cat Calendar the day before I left for London, and scanned it over to me as it was so applicable! 



No comments:

Post a Comment